We strive to enhance employees' awareness of CSR, by establishing MIZUNO's Ethical Standards and Code of Conduct.
To fulfill their social corporate responsibility, companies need to ensure that every employee complies with laws and regulations and corporate ethics in all business activities.
Regarding compliance with laws and corporate ethics as a top priority for the promotion of CSR, MIZUNO has adopted its own "Ethical Standards" and "Code of Conduct," so that all its employees can carry out their work based on common values and standards of behavior.
To maintain these principles, we make continuous efforts to provide our employees with education and training to enhance their awareness of compliance.
Contributing to society through the advancement of sporting goods and the promotion of sports.
2.Contribution to society
To make a positive contribution to the development of our economy, society, sports and culture, thus adding to the development of international society, as well as meeting the requirements of our stockholders through creating revenue.
3.Revenue and social ethics
The creation of revenue is achieved in accordance with social ethics and principles.
4.Ethics, self discipline and good conduct
In order to regulate corporate behavior, management and employees are expected to possess a strong sense of ethics and self discipline. Furthermore, through disciplined employee training, all employees are expected to display good conduct and not engage in unfair practices.
5.Compliance and prohibition of discrimination
Actions taken by our corporation and its employees are consistent with the standard provided for by applicable laws, and the company shall never be the cause of behavior contrary to social standards. Furthermore, any actions of discrimination or acts of sexual harassment are strictly forbidden.
6.Preservation of the natural environment
Responsibility is taken for our business activities with attention to conserving the natural environment in accordance with global environmental protection standards.
7.Position towards politics and administration
Realizing the aims of the government is to serve the best interests of the entire nation, acts to achieve revenue without a certain degree of transparency will not be tolerated.
8.Self discipline and self help
As a company in a free society, in addition to promoting steps towards deregulation, strict measures are taken to encourage self discipline and self help.
9.Strengthening of corporate principles
By following these ethical standards, the company and its employees are committed to the reformation and improvement of corporate principles. Furthermore, by managing personnel based thoroughly on merit and fair evaluation, the goal of creating an active organization will be tirelessly pursued.
MIZUNO Corporation Code of Conduct
1.Contribution to society
- 1) Realizing our management concept of "Contributing to society through the advancement of sporting goods and the promotion of sports."
- 2) Making a positive contribution to the development of our economy, society, environment, sports and culture, thus adding to the development of international society, as well as meeting the requirements of our stockholders through creating revenue.
- 1) Confirming that the company creates revenue by complying with social standards and ethics and observing all applicable laws and international regulations.
- 2) Ensuring actions by our corporation and its employees are consistent with the standard provided for by applicable laws. The company shall never be the cause of behavior contrary to social standards.
3.Providing quality products and services
- 1) Endeavoring to supply products and services that add value for our customers.
- 2) Unceasingly striving to ensure the utmost safety of our products.
4.Preservation of the natural environment
- 1) Conducting business activities with attention to conserving the natural environment and undertaking efforts to minimize environmental impact and prevent pollution.
- 2) Establishing, maintaining and improving our environmental management systems.
- 1) Implementing thorough control of confidential information to prevent disclosure.
- 2) Appropriately handling personal information and protecting it thoroughly.
- 3) Not engaging in insider trading.
- 1) Implementing thorough measures for protecting intellectual property created by the company.
- 2) Respecting all third party intellectual property and not infringing on the intellectual property rights of others.
7.Consideration of stakeholders
- 1) Promoting cooperation with stakeholders and endeavoring to actively endorse a positive dialogue with them.
- 2) Disclosing our corporate information to stakeholders in an appropriate and timely manner.
- 3) Endeavoring to maintain close contact with, and contribute to, our local community.
8.Responding to organizations endangering society
- 1) Not allowing organizations endangering society to profit from the company's activities.
- 2) Never accepting unfair demands from organizations endangering society.
9.Working conditions and workplace environment
- 1) Complying with laws and regulations concerning labor including working conditions.
- 2) Endeavoring to maintain and improve a safe and sanitary working environment.
- 3) Requiring our suppliers to comply with labor laws and regulations and to provide a safe and sanitary working environment.
10.Respecting human rights
- 1) Not partaking in any discriminative activities, sexual harassment, persecution or mistreatment.
- 2) Not employing forced or child labor.
- 3) Guaranteeing the laborer's right to join a labor union and the right to negotiate with management.
- 4) Ensuring equal opportunity for employment.
- 5) Ensuring that employees who reports wrongful acts or breach of laws or regulations will not suffer any disadvantage.
11.Gifts and entertainment
- 1) Not giving unlawful gifts or offering questionable entertainment.
- 2) Not giving any gifts or offering entertainment which deviates from normal social practices or general business standards.
12.Promoting fair competition
- 1) Not making unreasonable or inappropriate requirements to our vendors and customers.
- 2) Complying with fair trade, fair competition and anti-monopoly laws and regulations.
- 3) Accurately displaying quality, content and other information for our products and services.
13.Enhancing corporate culture
- 1) Endeavoring to foster a corporate culture which values fair play, amity and friendly competition and to not permit any unfair acts.
- 2) Thoroughly employing a personnel system based on merit and establish a vigorous organization by fair evaluation and the appropriate placement of human resources.
- 3) Complying with this Mizuno Corporation Code of Conduct, ceaselessly promoting reformation and improvement and endeavoring to enhance our business structure by undertaking stringent selfregulation and internal assistance efforts.